Job Opening: Fashion Designer / Patternmaker
We're looking for one or more individuals that have a strong technical design skillset, coupled with a passion for the sports/athletic industry. The primary function of this job is designing new, cutting-edge styles of athletic clothing and accessories that meet the demands of our customers. From the drawing board to the retail rack, fabric and apparel patternmakers help put clothing designs into mass production.
This position will require you to be a highly motivated quick thinker, proactive communicator, have a great eye for design, and basic understanding of manufacturing methods and capabilities on a mass scale.
- Producing concepts for defined collections.
- Producing sketches either by hand or digitally.
- Developing patterns with precise fit measurements.
- Overseeing production and assisting logistics team.
- Analyzing trends in sportswear styles, fabrics, colors and shapes.
Wage + Hours:
- Full time or part time positions available. Full time hours are M-F 9am-5pm.
- Wage is TBD - based on applicant's experience.
- 3+ years of fashion design experience.
- Experience with CAD design software such as Clo3d or Optitex is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree or higher is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive problem solver
- Visionary with ability to translate ideas into tangible products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated; ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage time wisely and accomplish tasks efficiently according to deadlines
- Color sensibility
- Textile and pattern knowledge